brendanm@ite.co.za

Local Notification from Ionic 4 PWA

I have been experimenting with Local Notifications using the Ionic 4 tutorial. But this appears to only work with native apps and not PWA. Trawling the web I see that it should be possible to do Local Notifications with a PWA - well at least on Windows and Android. Has anyone actually done this and prepared to show how they did it?

[Appery - this would be a great tutorial or sample to show developers. Local Notifications are a good way to implement some of the feature of Push Notifications which are not available for a PWA. For example in the background/minimized my app can regularly check for updates from my server, and then display a Local Notification based on change in some data, something new, etc. Can you guys not setup a sample for us?]

Serhii Kulibaba

Re: Local Notification from Ionic 4 PWA

Hello,

You are right, Push Notifications work only in native apps. No ways to use the same in PWA

brendanm@ite.co.za

Serhii Kulibaba wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:06 am

Hello,

You are right, Push Notifications work only in native apps. No ways to use the same in PWA

I am referring to a Local Notification where the PWA raises the notification locally. This is NOT a Push Notification

Serhii Kulibaba

They are not available in Appery.io platform by default. Please see this link on how to use them in PWA: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... tions_Push

brendanm@ite.co.za

Thanks. I realize PWA Local Notifications are not readily available in Appery but the point (as seen by my Google searching and your comment) is that it should be possible. That is why I suggested it as a very useful tutoirial that say Alexander Antsypov could present on your Youtube channel.

techboy

yes! you are right to some extend.

Oleg Solodiuk

Hello,

Thank you, we have redirected your idea to our development team.

brendanm@ite.co.za

Hi. Is there any update on this? This seems to a key missing feature of Appery PWAs. And thank-you for the PWA Automatic Upgrade tutorial and tutorial We just need something similar for local notifications now ...
brendanm@ite.co.za

Appery - 1 year later and still no instructional video and/or plug-in! Surely this local notification (not push notifcation) feature is one of the most sort after for anyone developing a PWA?

Oleg Solodiuk

Hello,

Please check out our tutorial that shows you how to add custom pop-ups to your PWA app. You can add error or success messages, custom notifications, prompt windows, and more — all by installing the SweetAlert2 module to your app: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SK3_yc ... =Appery.io

Return to “Issues”