Caramon06

Back to the app from the web

My application works fine with one exception. I have an in-app link to my website. The link in the iOS app, the link takes me to the page but since the iPhone doesn't have a "back" button I can't go back to the app. Looks like you have to close the app and then reopen it to get back into the app.

I tried to set the link to not open in the same window and vice versa.

Any easy work around?

Links and back buttons in Android apps work fine.

Thank you

Oleg Solodiuk

Re: Back to the app from the web

Hello,

What framework are you using? Ionic 4, Ionic 5, or JQM?

gigo95677

I have the same issue.
I am using JQM.

Preston

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello,

Please use the inAppBrowser: https://docs.appery.io/docs/cordova-jqu ... appbrowser

it will allow you to open the website in the child window of the application (with the "close" button) or in the native browser, without opening the website as application page

SteveLacy

I am using the InAppBrowser 5.0.0 per the example here https://docs.appery.io/docs/cordova-jqu ... appbrowser. I actually built the sample app to experiment with on an iOS device (everything works fine on Android, but no way to go back on iOS with any of the sample app options). I even added the 'location=yes' option to the javascript window.open() call to no avail. I do not see a working resolution to the problem here on the iOS device.

As a bit of history, using the deprecated 5.1 Appery library and the v3.2 of the InAppBrowser worked on iOS providing a link back to the app after clicking a URL. But when using the latest 5.3 Appery library and v5.0.0 InAppBrowser, there's no way to return to the app on an iOS device after clicking a link.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Issues”