BRC60

Customizing The Google Map

I'm currently working in Ionic v5.

I did the short Google Maps tutorial in the documentation, but it really didn't explain much about how to really customize the map.

Before working in Appery, I prototyped a lot of the functionality I wanted on a webpage using the standard JavaScript Maps API.

Assuming I have to use a Google Maps Element on the page, how can I add the initialization functions (setting map configuration, markers, info boxes, overlays, etc...) to the map on the page from the prototype I set up.

When interacting with the map with JavaScript/TypeScript, what is the map named? Is it the default "map"? Are there any other tricks to referencing the map in custom JavaScript code? I need to toggle overlays and marker sets and stuff like that. I have the necessary JavaScript worked out, I just need to understand how I can target the map with it in Appery.

I made an Appery app with Google Maps functionality years ago, and while I got it to work it did have some non-obvious ways of doing things that I only found in support forum posts...

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Re: Customizing The Google Map

Hello,

I can recommend that you check out the Google Map section (https://docs.appery.io/docs/ionic-5-ui- ... google-map) of our UI Components documentation where more details about its properties can be found.
Also, there are some useful video tutorials in this section.

janakcs

Re: Customizing The Google Map

Better you can check for some Youtube videos on how to customize The Google Map.

Return to “Issues”