raosamvr

Files collection - Pointer Type

Hi,

We have a yearly subscription with appery. I would like to add columns to Files " Collection". But there is no option. My requirement is

1. The user has taken photos - the data is stored in Files Collection
  2. User data is in Users / UserProfile

I would like to join Files to the Users collection - to gather the data on which user took the image. There is no option to add pointer to Files collection. Can you please guide if there is a way to get this information from backend.

Serhii Kulibaba

Re: Files collection - Pointer Type

Hello,

You are right, it is not allowed to add custom columns to the collection files. But you can add a custom column with a type "file" to the collection Users or add a string value with a filename there

raosamvr

Yes. Even if i add Filetype to the Users collection - how do i link it to the Files Collection ? I added the column " File_Name" of File_Type in Users collection , but there is no data that enters into this new column. How do i accomplish that without being able to do " Pointers"

My goal is to be able to tie the User to the Files Collection.

Serhii Kulibaba

File type object must contain originalFileName and fileName fields https://docs.appery.io/reference#databa ... data-types

So I recommend you to keep just a filename in the string column, it is much simpler to use

Return to “Issues”