SteveLacy

push notification status wait

We are sending push notifications via the API (PHP script calls the API providing the necessary information). Everything usually works, but I've seen in the Appery Push Notifications area under "Scheduled Push Notificatiions" that the push notifications are listed.

Most entries show Status = sent (and Delivered Pushes = 1), although many entries show Status = wait.and Delivered Pushes = 0.

We've also noticed that not all recipients always receive the push notifications. We also had a case where one app couldn't even manually send a push notification using the Appery web interface (there was an error). The resolution to the problem was to remove all the push notifications in the Scheduled Push Notifications area which fixed the problem.

So, why do some entries show as Status = wait? Also, is there an easier way to clear the list of push notifications rather than delete them one at a time from the interface (we have lots).

We were told a fix to the Appery system would be implemented in March 2014. Has it been implemented yet?

Thanks,

Steve

Illya Stepanov

Hi Steve -

Let me check this issue, it was reported as a bug and as I can see it has been already fixed in our test environment.

Maryna Brodina

Hello! Illya is right - bug is fixed on our test environment, but unfortunately release was moved to the mid April.

SteveLacy

I'm also getting customers complaining of receiving numerous push notifications that they should not be receiving. We are calling the API to send a push notification to a specific device id and I've been able to confirm that the push notification is being received on that device. Although I'm hearing from a few other customers that they are also receiving the push notification. Is it possible that the existing bug(s) would cause a push notification to not be limited to a specific device ID?

Maryna Brodina

Hello! No, these are not connected issues. Please check in Devices DB collection who was supposed to receive notification and who wasn't. Compare deviceIDs and token.

Return to “Issues”