Jeffrey Ontko

transferring input from one page to another

Being in software development as an analyst, UML architect, project lead, etc, and having to do requirements, documentation, and prototypes the "old fashioned way" for many years I see the value of Tiggr. I have been looking at other prototyping software and have dowloaded several different trials doing research to include Axure, Irise, Microsoft Expression, etc.

How do I get user input (like in a textbox) or even inputed data be used, binded, or displayed on another page?

Even something simple like on an initial login page have user input their name, then on the page 2, the welcome screen, display the inputed name with a "Welcome to Peoples Bank (insert username here) ! "

Is there another training video that I have missed or another thread out there that explains things like this? In Irise it seems to be very simple, by using a clipboard and visually seeing a line from the textbox to the clipboad, to the location you want it on the next page.

maxkatz

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.

Are you looking to create a variable, bind it to an input field, then enter data for it on one page and see the entered value on the second page? That's not possible right now but something we are planning to add in the future.

I did create a quick prototype of what you described, just to show you how it might look: http://gotiggr.com/preview/7331/ (click buttons to navigate)

Jeffrey Ontko

Yes, that is exactly my intent, not only for text (string) but will you have in the future the ability to store more complex data in stores/tables in order to be called up later?

maxkatz

Yes, that's also planned.
How do you like Tiggr as a requirements gathering and prototyping tool?

Jeffrey Ontko

I like the initial layout, and usability at this stage. Microsoft Expression seems to require a lot of XAML modifications, and looses a lot of usability and being naturally intuative in the process. The key for me, as someone who has done a lot of software/interface demos, is to be able to store data in order to be called upon by some operation placed on an object from a trigger, and capturing user input to make the prototype seem close to "run time".

maxkatz

That's exactly our direction, to make the prototype as close as possible to the real thing. We will be adding events and data to the prototype.

Return to “Issues”