John6122514

Geolocation service shows extra alert

When using the Geolocation service, there is an extra alert that comes up which shows the entire path to the page. How do I remove this alert? Image attached

obullei

Hello!

Could you specify what do you use to test you application: browser or any device? If you are testing it on any device, please provide information about the model and it's OS.

John6122514

I have test on Chrome and Iphone device.

Iphone 5c - OS 7.1.1

obullei

Hello!

Please note, that If you are testing in your browser not native applications, which were generated as .apk , this message should appear,cause the user did not give permission to get his personal information . When the user installs the application (apk and ipa) he apply that that application requests geolocation .

This is not an alert. This is request for receiving geolocation data.

John6122514

Is there a way to test this? I normally just download the Xcode and use that for my iPhone testing.

Alex GG

Hi John,

Just call the geolocation service on Device Ready event, instead of page show or load.

Doing this will avoid that extra alert

Of course, this will only work on actual device (both testing or installed), if you test on browser, the geolocation service didnt fire unless you switch again to page show event)

Return to “Issues”