arron

Exporting / (Updating) to XCode Question

I am working on submitting my app to the iOS app store:

I exported from Appery and opened in Xcode,
i followed a tutorial to setup all of my XCode provisioning profile (etc) in XCode to get it ready to submit to the app store,

then i discovered a small change I had to make to the app,

my question is: when I want to update my app, and export from Appery again fresh... will I lose all of my XCode App Store setup? Which files do I transfer to XCode so that I don't overwrite all of the app store configuration in Xcode?

thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRlOd...

Illya Stepanov

Hi -

If you didn't add/change anything in xCode project, after you imported source files from Appery.io no dependencies will be changed.

I'm not quite understanding why you're using xCode for publishing if you can export binary .ipa file from Appery.io and publish it right away.

arron

Can you? I didn't know that...
You can publish to the App Store from the ipa? what about setting up all of the developer certifications (etc) do you have a link for a tutorial for this?

Illya Stepanov

Sorry, my bad. I thought you're using xCode to generate an .ipa file for further App Store submitting.

Here is section in our Docs.

Carlos

I have the same question as arron,

I am working on submitting my app to the iOS app store (Beta right now, publish after):

I exported from Appery and opened in Xcode,
i followed a tutorial to setup all of my XCode provisioning profile (etc) in XCode to get it ready to submit to the app store, submitted to app store and currently in under prerelease build.

then i discovered a small change I had to make to the app, and would like to update that prerelease build.

my question is: when I want to update my app in Appery, and export the Xcode from Appery again... what files do I replace in the Xcode project so that my changes take affect but it does not override my configuration in Xcode? Or do I delete the xcode project and start over again, ..this doesnt seem right as I would assume I would lose the ability to update my app and its association with Apple Connect. I looked through documentation provided and only saw reference for doing it the first time.

Thank you

Maryna Brodina

Hello!

You would need to export updated app version. In xCode you only need to select certificate and provisioning profile.

Return to “Issues”