David wyatt

de-activate push notifications in app

HI,

I was wondering if there is a way to turn off push notifications. In other words I want the user to be able to turn off notifications in the apps settings

Many thanks

Illya Stepanov

Hi David -

No sure if I understanding you correctly, but after app installation on the device user can turn off push notifications for a appropriate app inside device settings.

David wyatt

Hi Illya, thank you for your reply. The process to deactivate notifications can be long winded for some users, I was hoping to try and make it easier and all done in the app if possible.

Illya Stepanov

To deactivate push notifications on the app level, I think it's impossible, since you are connect API keys or Push enabled certificate into your exported binary package.

But you can delete the users Device ID, so that he won't receive any pushes from your app push console inside builder.
:: https://devcenter.appery.io/documenta...

David wyatt

Thank you, I tried that tutorial but I don't know how to make the device I'd dynamic, as in the tutorial you have to input the device I'd manually

Yurii Orishchuk

Hi David,

DeviceID populates into devices collection automatically on every app launch. So you don't need to add this processing.

So if you don't want to receive PUSH you need to delete current device deviceID from "devices" collection by invoke "unregister" service.

See more about "unregister" service here: https://devcenter.appery.io/documenta...

Note: you should to add "unregister" service manually. This service could not be added by import DB processing.

Regards.

Return to “Issues”