Mike6979865

Urgent: App Crashing on iOS 10 when camera is invoked

My app is crashing when I select Take Picture on iOS 10, and or when the camera is invoked. I current have library v2.3. When I updated to the library v3.1, that solved the problem, however, I'm not longer able to see the CSS styles... All CSS images are gone... Please Help

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Hello Mike,

Could you please try unchecking and checking the camera plugin on the list of the plugins and build your app again?
There is also the similar thread on the forum: https://getsatisfaction.com/apperyio/...

Mike6979865

I tried that, and that didn't work. I'm using v2.3 of the libraries... I also tried running the code, and when I hit run in Xcode, and I press on the button to invoke the camera service, the App crashed, and the error message was:

0x6000002041f0: Tried to obtain the web lock from a thread other than the main thread or the web thread. This may be a result of calling to UIKit from a secondary thread. Crashing now...

Please assist...

Bruce Stuart

Linking my thinking back to another thread - there's a thread here on the forum about IOS 10 support - and the camera service being affected by the lines on your home page (whatever that happens to be) .... related to the app security settings....

Let me find that post - and I'll refer you to it. I've 'removed' the impacted lines from my home page - and the camera service and the other plugs that run on device ready - now run (and they did not below).

You can tell if this is your issue if you don't find the other thread or don't want to make the changes needlessly - by - once your app starts on the phone - double click the home button (to get the 'pause' event to fire on your home page) and then move to another app - and then double click - and give your app focus (the resume event now fires) - and so will the device ready event - and load your plugins.

Test the camera service - if it works - this is your issue (the security settings on your home page) - and follow the steps on the next post.

Otherwise - well it was a good theory - look forward to hearing what the real issue was/is.

Bruce Stuart

Here's the IOS 10 thread - specifically - a number of us - have had the camera issue (a common plugin) along with any other plugin that loads via device ready (well - just about everything that's not native Appery code...)

https://getsatisfaction.com/apperyio/...

Best.

bruce

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Mika,

We suggest to use the latest Appery.io libraries and wood like to inform you that the full support of iOS 10 will be provided in our future release, which is planned in a several weeks.

Return to “Issues”