Deon

Return High Res Images from Facebook

Hi
I am using the facebook plugin to return the facebook profile. The profile phot that gets returned is bad quality.

I have read that your would need to specify a resolution. ie. type=large.

Where and how is this defined?

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello Deon,

Please use the URL for the image to get it with the large size:
https://graph.facebook.com/v2.11/4769...

here "476935405713777" - ID of the facebook profile

Deon

Hi
Yes, I am aware of using a URL request with parameters. How do I build the parameters in to API EXPRESS. Using the FB plugin it gets all the fields that I select. How do I add parametes to specific fields such as picture?
Thanks

Serhii Kulibaba

Unfortunately, this is outside the scope of our support. Please search online for an appropriate solution.

Deon

It is actually not out of Scope. This is an Appery issue. Would you rather prefer I ask Facebook support staff how to do things within your IDE?

Well, If anyone needs to know what to do, here is the JS that you need to add in your Appery Success Mapping. Last time I looked Appery Mappings was an Appery thing and nothing to do with plugin provider or any other 3rd Party???? Or am I missing something?

var fbPic = Apperyio.storage.User.get("$['fbID']");
var newPic = "https://graph.facebook.com/v2.11/"
newPic = newPic.concat(fbPic,'/picture?type=large');
Apperyio("photo").attr("src", newPic);
Apperyio.storage.User.update("$['photoUser']", newPic);

As you can see after you have retrieved the photo you have to change its type to large.

I am sure there is a better way to do it in API Express but this may ALSO be out of scope :):):):)

Serhii Kulibaba

Deon, you are right, you can set that value to the Storage variable. I just mentioned the custom JS code is out of scope. All issues related to the Appery.io platform are related to our scope.

Return to “Issues”