Asif Ansari

Geocoding Tutorial

Hi, I was working through the geocoding tutorial and had some of the issues that have already been posted, but can't seem to find what the problem is. I found a way for it to work, but its not exactly what the tutorial shows. When I use the following code:

var latitude = requestParams["latitude"];
var longitude = requestParams["longitude"];
var radius = requestParams["radius"];

It works when I add these into the query string section of the service that I created. The tutorial suggests that I need to add these into the body section, but then it doesn't work showing a bad parameter issue. Also, the tutorial suggests to use this code:

var latitude = request.object().latitude;
var longitude = request.object().longitude;
var radius = request.object().radius;

When I use intellisense, object() is not found. Also, the code causes an error in test upon trying to get the latitude. Is there a different syntax that would allow it to work with the params being in the body? I have it working, but I want to do it the correct way following best practice. Thanks for the help!

Alena Prykhodko

Geocoding Tutorial

Hello Asif,

Could you please be more specific, do you use this tutorial https://devcenter.appery.io/tutorials...?

Asif Ansari

Geocoding Tutorial

Hi Alena, that is exactly the tutorial I was referring to. I am not sure how to get the code working if I added the parameters in the body section. Also, what is the difference between using the query string vs the body? Thanks for all your help.

Yurii Orishchuk

Geocoding Tutorial

Hi Asif,

pre

var latitude = requestParams["latitude"];
var longitude = requestParams["longitude"];
var radius = requestParams["radius"];

/pre

If you use it in this way you need to pass parameters in "request string" section.

Please add this parameters to "request string" section.

Regards.

Asif Ansari

Geocoding Tutorial

Yurii, thank you, but I don't think you read my quesion all the way through. I already got it to work with that method. I wanted to know how to get it to work with the other method using :

var latitude = request.object().latitude;
var longitude = request.object().longitude;
var radius = request.object().radius;

This code gives me an error, but its what is used in the tutorial. Why does this give an error?

Yurii Orishchuk

Geocoding Tutorial

Asif,

If you want to use "POST" method you need to send it with given in tutorial way.

Please check if you have correctly set your service.

Details: http://prntscr.com/80l1su/direct

Regards.

Asif Ansari

Geocoding Tutorial

Yurii, I guess the issue is when I am trying to test it in the server code section before I create a service for it. How do I format the request body section to perform a proper test? I get the following error. Image

Return to “Issues”