Deon

API Express Timeout

Hi

I have brought this up before. Being in South Africa, it is impossible to use API Express due to the fact that your max timeout is 10 000ms.

This is hardly enough due to network latency between South Africa and America.

Could you please increase the timeout to take other countries who are not fortunate enough to reside inside the US.
Thanks

Bruce Stuart

API Express Timeout

Just a word to support what @deon Is saying - since the Appery platform for higher end subscribers supports CPU Time on server scripts up to 15 seconds - and an external API has network transit times to work through ... it seems A higher limit ( perhaps double the internal limit ) would be appropriate .

Deon

API Express Timeout

Thanks Bruce
Setting it to max 10 000 ms does not work or have any effect in timeout. The service bombs way before the 10 seconds. It bombs around 4.65s.

Queued at 18.95 s
Started at 18.96 s
Resource Scheduling DURATION
Queueing

1.21 ms
Connection Start DURATION
Stalled

0.46 ms
Request/Response DURATION
Request sent

0.12 ms
Waiting (TTFB)

4.65 s
Content Download

0.50 ms
Explanation 4.65 s

Deon

API Express Timeout

As a matter of fact I have been testing. Anything over two seconds fail. This is ridiculous.

Deon

API Express Timeout

And now I tried to kill the service by deleting the model and all js scripts and services. Now the site does not load. It is still referencing those services.

Deon

API Express Timeout

Four days. No response. Business must be good.

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

API Express Timeout

Deon,

Could you please check the quotes for your plan since this might be closely related to the app performance?

Return to “Issues”