SteveLacy

iOS7 Update - Missing icons in iOS IPA export

I recently submitted an update of an existing app to the Apple App store. I received the following notice:

Missing recommended icon file - The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels, in .png format.

Missing recommended icon file - The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '76x76' pixels, in .png format.

Missing recommended icon file - The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png format.

I guess the iOS7 update requires additional icons that I can't load into Appery. How do I resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Steve

maxkatz

There is no official support for iOS 7 yet...

Toblerone

When is ios7 support coming? Can we even submit to AppStore without that support now?

Toblerone

Thanks Max, any idea if we can still submit as ios6 to AppStore?

maxkatz

You should be able to.. you can always export the app source, build, and submit it that way

Andy Parker

As Max says, simply create the missing icons, add them to your Xcode project (in Xcode) and then change the plist to include them. I've successfully send an IOS 7 app to the app store.
See pic attached for the correct filenames. Image

Alexander Gaber

Yes this works for me. in iOS 7 the icon sizes changed and Appery needs to port that over (which I imagine is a tough change!)

Return to “Issues”