Veronika

Request to Use Location Question

Does anyone happen to know why my app requests to use location more than once?

The first time it asks it says 1 Click Traffic (the name of my app) would like to use your location. Don't Allow or Allow.

But then the second time it asks, it references my app as a file name location that reforences a specific page in the app, instead of using my apps name.

Any idea why this name is there and not my app name? And also why it is asking a second time, after allowing the request the first time?

See screenshots below for examples.

Thanks

Image Image

Illya Stepanov

Hi Veronika -

Don't worry, it is your application.
The reason is that you are seeing both messages is that you are calling geolocation from several places.

Veronika

So I guess what your saying is since I am calling the geolocation from serveral places, I have to accept the request multiple times on the app?

If that is the case, that is fine. But is there a way to change it so I can use the app name in the alert (as in the second picture) and not that big long file name of the page?

Veronika

Hi Maryna,

Unless I am mistaking, it looks like that link makes reference to changing the alert name for a standard alert.

This alert is one that is auto generated since I am requesting geolocation.
Since I do not actually write the code to create this alert, how can I change the name in the code?

Maryna Brodina

Hello Veronika!

These alerts are generated by geolocation service and unfortunately there is no way to change those alerts.

But there should be only one alert and entire app gets a permission, not only one page.

Veronika

Hi Maryna,

Yes this is exactly what I thought. The whole app should get the one alert/permission.

Any idea why my app would be requesting the first one (looks like for the whole app - the one in the bottom picture) then followed by a second one (looks like only for one page - the one in the top picture)?

Maryna Brodina

Hello!

Have no idea... Please share your app with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a so we can test it. Also please clarify app name.

Return to “Issues”