Robert Manders

UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities failing when submitted for review in iTunes Connect.

I have an issue with an app that I am trying to publish in the iOS App Store. I have uploaded the latest build for the app in iTunes Connect, and when I try to Submit for Review, I get this error message:

The app's Info.plist can't contain values for the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key that would prevent this app from opening on any iOS device. For more information, see Understanding the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities Key.

I have tried searching for this error online, and I'm pretty sure that the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities I have highlighted are the ones I need for this app. Could there be any problems with how I have the build setup for creation? Please let me know if you need to access the app and if there are any insights as to why this could be happening.

Thanks,
Robert Manders Image

Illya Stepanov

UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities failing when submitted for review in iTunes Connect.

Hi Robert -

Could you please show us your iOS keys settings for 'UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities' in App settings that you using for your package?

Robert Manders

The MKDirectionsApplicationSupportedModes have nothing selected.

Illya Stepanov

Hi Robert -

We have created a demo project with the same keys in 'UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities' and this project was submitted successfully to iTunesConnect.

We need more details -- how you've built your .ipa package, using our service or using xCode? (what xCode version did you used, if this was an option?)

Robert Manders

We used the export service in Appery to build our .ipa. We tried building it with both version 2.2 and 2.3 and both failed.

The name of our app is CCATM and we have shared it with support.

One other thing that I'm not sure has been made clear: The app that we're trying to upload has already been uploaded to the store, and we're just trying to update it.

maxkatz

We reviewed the new and the last successful build from iTunes Connect. Both builds have the same UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities keys. There is no (good) reason for the error message. Is there an option for you to contact Apple support and see if they can help with this?

Jackson

I am having a similar issue.

I get this error:
"The key UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities in the Info.plist may not contain values that would prevent this application from running on devices that were supported by previous versions. Refer to QA1623 for additional information: https://developer.apple.com/library/i..."

Illya Stepanov

Your new app version should have the same device capabilities that the original version had before, that's the requirements to all binary submission from the Apple.

Return to “Issues”