apollo mcowiti

export appery.io documents (mongo2.4) to mongodb (3.4)

I need to export documenst from appery.io mongodb(v2.4?) and re-import these into mLabs mongodb(3.4). I am having problems, in that, the exported .cvs files have header info as fieldName:fieldType. When this file is imported with mongoimport, the documents created have their field names as fieldName:fieldType. How can this be avoided?

apollo mcowiti

emThis reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how best export documenst from appery.io to mongodb 3.4 using mongoimport./em

I am exporting some documents from Appery.io documents (mongo 2.4?) and then using mongoimport (v 3.4) but this results in the new documents having fields as fieldname:type instead of just fieldname. How to solve this?

Illya Stepanov

Hello -

You can use JSON export possibility for your data.

apollo mcowiti

Export as JSON does not work. The Json export has all the documents (4K documents in all ) as one giant document, so when i re-import via mongoimport, i get one document.

apollo mcowiti

Export as JSON does not work. The Json export has all the documents (4K documents in all ) as one giant document, so when i re-import via mongoimport, i get one document.

Illya Stepanov

You can split your JSON data file into several parts the way you need. We don't have any automatic export features for this.

apollo mcowiti

that won't work, there are 4K documents. Are there any plans to move to mongo 3.4 in the future?

Illya Stepanov

We have plans to upgrade our MongoDB to ver. 3.0 but not sure about ver. 3.4 yet. We'll let the development team know.

Return to “Issues”