David K

How do I make something appear or work as a required field?

Is there a feature for having input text boxes labeled as REQUIRED somehow? Traditional asterisk type thing or something more flexible than that where you can pick the identifier.

Also, associating a label (text) and field (input box) would really be "revolutionary", and have the label be able to be positioned via a property setting (ABOVE, LEFT, BELOW) etc.

maxkatz

We don't have such components but, you will be able to create one very easily once we add custom components. You will be able to take any components/design/layout and create a custom component from it.

David K

Hi Max,

Ok that sounds good on the second part of the question.

But, is that how you are intending to handle REQUIRED type input boxes (your component)? It seems like as far as properties goes, and given this is about rapid prototyping, and ultimately maybe creating really rich conditional logic based prototypes, indicating if a input box is required is a high probability type use case in any scenario I am building...

Thoughts?

thanks -

David

maxkatz

Agree and we thought about it. We can easily put an asterisk but what happens when someone wants the asterisk to be red and someone else wants it to be blue or even a custom image?

It's almost easier to just put something like this using a text component:

Label* [input]

What do you think?

David K

Hi Max,

Ok that sounds good on the second part of the question.

But, is that how you are intending to handle REQUIRED type input boxes (your component)? It seems like as far as properties goes, and given this is about rapid prototyping, and ultimately maybe creating really rich conditional logic based prototypes, indicating if a input box is required is a high probability type use case in any scenario I am building...

Thoughts?

thanks -

David

maxkatz

Looks like it's the same question. See my reply above.

David K

Yeah I think it comes down to what degree of interactivity the prototypes from tiggr will have and potential future of outputting not only static images or maybe code starting points for development.

But that aside, it goes back to the other thread question on things like "conditional logic" and if such logic would need to know about things like "required fields" etc. If done via any of the down and dirty and notably easy ways, the logic would never be able to dynamically interact with fields that say needed to be filled in before navigating to the next prototyped screen...

So true interaction behavior could not be entirely modeled, especially if you are trying to model advanced user notifications around form or field validations...

David K

Yeah I think it comes down to what degree of interactivity the prototypes from tiggr will have and potential future of outputting not only static images or maybe code starting points for development.

But that aside, it goes back to the other thread question on things like "conditional logic" and if such logic would need to know about things like "required fields" etc. If done via any of the down and dirty and notably easy ways, the logic would never be able to dynamically interact with fields that say needed to be filled in before navigating to the next prototyped screen...

So true interaction behavior could not be entirely modeled, especially if you are trying to model advanced user notifications around form or field validations...

maxkatz

The goal is to make prototypes as real and as close as possible to the real application UI and with all UI logic and events. There is plenty of work as you can imagine but we always love to hear users feedback and comments.

Return to “Issues”