Alberto da Silva

Slow data retrieval and white screen after Splash page

I created an application that retrieves data from a Parse database (Rest API) and adds it to List.

Until recently this worked quite well, I added additional items to the Parse database and then the application started being slow to load.

Now when I open the application, the splash page appears and then after the splash page, a white screen shows, which lasts for around 30 seconds and then the List appears with the items (Android App)

Can someone who had a similar experience please put me in the right direction to resolve this?

Is there a compatibility issue between Parse and JQuery Mobile List that makes it slow if you are retrieving around 100 items?

I wanted to reiterate that the application was working fine, until I added around 10 additional items to the database (it now has around 100 items).

I'm surprised because I didn't expect REST API to have performance issues with Parse with less then 1000 items.

I'm currently retrieving data on Page Load, should I use something else? What can I do to make it load fast saving deleting the additional data that I added.

Thank you,

Alberto da Silva

She

Hi Alberto,
I also experienced this problem too, but i already got to fixed this. Instead of loading all the data together in just one load , try to use pagination, follow the link tutorial:
https://devcenter.appery.io/tutorials...

Goodluck,
She

Alberto da Silva

Hi She,

Thanks for the article. I followed it but it is still slow in loading the data. The pagination is working, but it is still taking too long to load the data. I set the limit to 5 and it is still slow.

Let me know if you have any suggestions. This is very frustrating, never had this issue with an ASP.net page.

Sincerely,

Alberto da Silva

Pavel Zarudniy

Hi Alberto,

Please share - http://devcenter.appery.io/documentat... your app with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a and provide us with the following information:

1) App name
2) Test credentials if login functionality is implemented in your app
3) Detailed steps to reproduce the issue

Alberto da Silva

Hi Pavel,

I noticed that on the Web Preview it was getting slow due to the "Enable Weinre debugging". I unchecked the box and now it is loading fast on the Web Preview.

I will install the application on my Android phone tonight and see the performance there.

For now, it seems that the problem was the "Enable Weinre debugging" being turned on (if so, it did not seriously affect performance before).

If I notice that the performance on my phone is bad tonight, I will send you the requested information for my App.

Is it possible that this feature may be affecting the published App on Google Play as well? I had this feature turned on when I generated the APK file.

Thank you so much for following up on this. I will let you know tomorrow how my testing goes tonight.

Sincerely,

Alberto da Silva

Alberto da Silva

Hi Pavel,

I installed the application on two android phones that I have and they loaded fast. It seems that the culprit was indeed the "Enable Weinre debugging" being checked.

I have uploaded a new APK file to Google Play (with Weinre debugging turned off) as a final test. Once it is updated, I will download it and test it from there.

If it loads fast then for sure the culprit is the Weinre debugging that was causing the delay.

I will let you know tomorrow how the final test on Google Play turned out.

Sincerely,

Alberto da Silva

Bob Fludder

Hi Pavel. I had the same thing happen. Released the app with Weinre turned on and the white page was there for 30 seconds. I took it out and the page is still there as it loads but only for a couple of seconds. I also noticed that when you click on the debugging url on the app settings page it takes a very long time for the Weinre web page to show - and indeed says you need to reload it. Think something is wrong with Weinre.

Alberto da Silva

Hi Pavel,

I tested the upgraded APK file from Google Play and the application loaded fast on both my phones. I was even able to remove the pagination and the application still loaded fast.

Based on this, I'm confident to say that the issue was caused by the "Weinre debugging". There is definitely something wrong with Weinre that is causing a white screen to appear and the application taking around 30 seconds to open.

I was able to verify this in both the Web Preview & Installing the APK on two phones.

In regards to my case, wherever is wrong with Weinre, seems to have started recently as I had not noticed this behavior when I first published my app last month.

Sincerely,

Alberto da Silva

Yurii Orishchuk

Hello,

Unfortunatly there was an issue with weinre debugger.

Currently this problem was fixed and should work fast.

Regards.

Return to “Issues”