Terry Gilliver

right margin on grid has no effect

I have added a grid containing two buttons. i have added a left and right margin to the grid of 15px. The left margin is ok, but the right margin seems to have no effect no matter what the value. note that the Cancel button stretches all the way to the right.

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello,

This is default CSS behavior for 100% width components. Please add a space on the right hand with a property "Padding" of the component "mobilecontainer"

Terry Gilliver

It is in a template, I removed the padding from the "mobilecontainer" in the template, because i wanted some of my pages to fit right to the edge. i therefore need to compensate for that by putting back the 15px that I removed on individual pages.

I tried settting padding on the mobile area within the page, but the setting doesn't seem to get added/saved. When i go back to check the properties of the work area, i find it to be empty again.

Any ideas?

Terry Gilliver

i tried setting the grid width to auto, which looks great in the developer, but when the app is tested the buttons shrink and move to the left.

Terry Gilliver

sorry, just realised padding is a style and not a property

Terry Gilliver

Basically, if I can override the padding in the page css for the "mobileworkarea" which is "ClientEditor_mobileworkarea_20". I tried adding to a css file

pre
.ClientEditor_mobileworkarea_20 {
padding: 15px;
}
/pre
This is ignored as it is receiving its setting from the pages default css which is setting padding to 0. i have also tried adding "!important" to the css, but with ne effect.

Terry Gilliver

my other worry is that the class name could change from"_20" anyhow if the page is modified.

Terry Gilliver

OK, i have found a css workaround:

pre#ClientEditor_mobilecontainer {
padding: 15px;
}/pre

This appears to function correctly when the app is run.

Serhii Kulibaba

Glad to hear things are sorted out now!

Return to “Issues”