eyesmoker

scheduled push notification question

Hi,

I am working on something that user can set reminder (which is scheduled push notifications) , but if user deletes the reminder, I am not able to delete the scheduled notification using API and figured out that Appery.io doesn't support delete Scheduled notification API.

When are you planning to support this api or is there any alternatives?

Thanks.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello,

You may do Unregister device when user unsubscribes from push http://devcenter.appery.io/documentat...

eyesmoker

Thank you for your response.

Case 1: After I unregister the device, does it delete all the scheduled push notifications? What will happen to all scheduled push notifications?

Case 2: When the user comes back, it is automatically adding device again to devices table. Will already scheduled push notifications work in this case?

Can you please answer how appery.io handles both the above cases?

Kateryna Grynko

Hi,

1) After you delete a device from Database all the scheduled notifications will remain, but after you reach sending time they won't be sent.
2) After you delete and register device in Database again all notifications for the deleted device won't be delivered to a newly registered as it has other _id.

eyesmoker

Agreed with case 1.

For case 2: if i register for a device on android, it is returning device id and token and getting added to database. After unregister, It is removing entry from db and if I register again, it is adding the same device id and token. Am I understanding something wrong. Is this issue with android ?

Kateryna Grynko

Hello,

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. After you register a device for the second time the same device _id will be returned and all the scheduled notifications should be delivered. This is important in case you schedule Push notifications connected to a device _id.

Please note you can also schedule Push notifications using filters by any fields:
http://devcenter.appery.io/documentat...
In this case device _id doesn't matter.

eyesmoker

Do you know when you guys are planning to implement an api that will delete individual scheduled push notifications? I want to do much cleaner way.

Say, if you have an reminder app and reminder set to future date (scheduled notifications) and user deletes the reminder and than adds back. If I have an api to delete the scheduled notifications, it would work perfect.

Kateryna Grynko

Hello,

Thank you, I promoted your suggestion!
This is planned, but unfortunately we don't have a time frame yet.

eyesmoker

Hello

Sorry for my late reply. I really appreciate for suggesting. Do you have any approximate timeline?

obullei

Hello!

Unfortunately we do not have it.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Return to “Issues”