Jon Haider

Just started getting mongoDB error DBSC246 - [lat, long] is now [long, lat]

Hey guys,

Did something just suddenly change where now the format of GeoPoint is [long, lat] and values are limited accordingly [(-180,180), (-90,90)]. This used to be the other way around and will now require changing every single instance of a geopoint datatype being sent to the database (without notice)!

Is anyone else experiencing this all of the sudden?
Thanks

Jon Haider

Oh it gets worse, we can no longer even edit existing records because of this issue - basically our entire db just froze and unless there's a way to reverse this setting somehow, that means that means I'd have to recreate my entire db with the geoPoint data restructured to this [long, lat] format.

I just checked old posts and sure enough it's always been [lat, long] - you're killing me.
This is really bad...

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Jon,

Our development team is investigating if anything has changed on the DB structure. We'll get back to you with the update soon.

Illya Stepanov

Hello Jon,

We really sorry that this turned out into such issue. We are using MongoDB v3.2 Geo 2dsphere index and more strict validation for such indexes.

Our API documentation has correct examples, please let us know if you had find misleading mentioning in our docs, we sure will correct this.

:: https://docs.appery.io/reference#data...

As a solution for your case - we can suggest to export your collection data and change places of values on your local machine, and import it back into Database as a replacement.

Return to “Issues”