Dupdroid

Migrating an App from an old Legacy Plan to a new plan

Since Support doesn't want to help I thought I'd reach out to the community.

Has anyone successfully migrated (backup/restore) an App with it's associated database and server code onto a new recently created plan?

It is not as straight forward as you might think! And don't expect any help from support. Not even if you've paid upfront for a year on the new plan. They are however very eager to sell you a support plan to cash in on the opportunity!

To get back to the migration, backing up a perfectly working app and restoring it does not work the database services like login stops working. The absence of the old proxy option also fell away making a, what seems like a simple task not so simple.

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Dear Christo,

I have just replied to your email ticket but just in case will copy it here as well:

[quote:]
I will try to explain why the project transfer you are interested in cannot be performed in the way you suppose it to be.

To begin with, the account you initially had is really very old and the proxy functionality you have there available is not supported by the Appery.io platform anymore under the new accounts. The platform has evolved since then in many directions and the proxy feature was removed from it. Instead, API Express which is a significant improvement of the proxy functionality was offered to new registered users. There, they can create services, manipulate with responses and so on. You can find more details about it here: https://docs.appery.io/docs/apiexpres....
Second, backup function is also not supposed to work out in this case as it is intended for keeping projects for later use in the same environment which is not the case.
In your particular situation, I would strongly recommend upgrading your old account as in this case only you will get it to work as expected. This is a really good option, please consider it once again.

The second option you might take is transferring your app to the new account and reorganizing it in such a way that the Proxy option will be remodeled and replaced by API Express. Of course, I do realize it would take time and require additional resources but we can offer you professional help to sort that out. If interested, please consider purchasing Advisory Pack to get more in-depth help on this question. Here is more information about [Advisory Pack] (https://appery.io/services/#Advisory_...).

I am really sorry, but in any case, Secure Proxy will not be available in the new account you created.
I wish we could be of more help to you in this situation.
[quote:][/quote][/quote]

Dupdroid

Hi Galyna,

I understand that the Proxy has been replaced.

The bigger issue is that normal Database Services that does not depend on The Proxy feature also stops working. I have even deleted the login service and recreated it then I got a new error {"code":"DBUI106","description":"User name must be present."}

Also, what I've noticed that all the existing migrated services "Request URL:" all of a sudden has "https://api.appery.io/rest/1/apiexpre..." + servicename prefixed to the services own URL, obviously causing it to fail. example: Request URL: https://api.appery.io/rest/1/apiexpre...

This is out of my control to fix because the migration manipulates things in a way. I'm happy to troubleshoot this myself but something in the Appery platform changes things that I don't have control over, only Support does. Or at least tell me where to look.

It is unfair to charge me for this.

I was advised by Support in the first place to create a new Team plan and migrate the app months ago.

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Christo,

I can see your point and am really sorry you are disappointed so much but you need to know that it is not only Proxy functionality that has been modified and replaced - serious changes to all the system that manages services calls have been made.
Actually, it underwent huge remodeling and here is why the calls cannot be handled the way they were with Proxy.

Return to “Issues”