Miguel Navarro7469744

copy paste not working jqm

Is this feature available in the JQM builder? I just tried to copy a component (radio control) and there's nothing there. There's no right context menu permitting a copy, nor is there a paste. Ctrl+C doesn't work either. What am I missing. What is the point of advertising a feature if it's only working in a specific platform not them all. Perhaps I'm confused as to how this should work.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Miguel,

Ni, this feature works only for Angular and Ionic projects. But you may create custom plugin and use it to copy/paste elements: https://blog.appery.io/2016/03/learn-...

Miguel Navarro7469744

The one thing that extremely annoys me is that you announce a feature and you don't communicate which platform it supports. I'm actually one of the earlier adopters who asked for copy paste functionality and to find that it doesn't exist for JQM is a joke.

How many people are still using JQM vs Ionic/Angular. Am I just a dying breed? I started using Appery.io when you just had JQM. Look I understand if there's a strategy to deploy it within a smaller environment but at least communicate that and put a timetable if ever to deploy it on JQM builder.

Hopefully you guys get this because it's common sense.

maxkatz

Hi Miguel - completely understand, we should have been more clear in what visual editor the new copy & paste is available. Our team is very small, we sometimes have to pick where to implement a particulate feature. We don't have any immediate plans to add copy & paste to the jQuery Mobile editor but that might change in the future.

Andy Parker

thanks for the explanation Max, one thing that would help would be the ability to save as a custom component without altering the names of the existing components you are saving.
Often, I don't realise that a custom component is needed until I've created a load of code etc in the back ground, only to have to change all the original components names back so everything works again.
Is there any chance you can add a tick box that simply allows us to keep the original components names the same?

many thanks

Andy.

maxkatz

We are aware of this issue. What we usually recommend is to create the custom component on a separate page and then use it.

Andy Parker

Good idea, thanks. One last question if you don't mind. Is Appery committed to the JQM environment going forward? I've not had the time to learn the alternatives you now have and just wondered what your road map is with regards to JQM?
Should I start converting my apps to ionic for example?

maxkatz

Hi Andy - we will be supporting jQuery Mobile App Builder in the future, and will be fixing bugs. jQuery Mobile support is pretty good so new features will mostly be added on the Ionic/AngularJS side. We want to bring the same visual tools we have in jQuery Mobile to Ionic.

Our plan in general is to add more features in our Backend Services: API Express, Database and Server Code. In particular, we want to add better integration between the App Builder and these services.

Whether you should use jQuery Mobile or Ionic? Ionic is a newer framework, it was built specifically for creating hybrid apps, it has better performance and very nice mobile components. If it's a new app, I'd definitely consider Ionic.

Kal

Thanks for that answer Max. However, I think it will be good for you guys to specify what platform/s are supported when you announce a new feature such as Copy/Paste. I wasted a bunch of time trying to figure out how to make it work with JQM and then came to the conclusion that you must have meant Ionic only. This is not fair to make your developers waste time figuring it out for themselves, when you could have easily included that in the announcement. Maybe your marketing people prevented you from doing it, in which case here is my vote to fire them ;)

maxkatz

That's a very good feedback. Completely agree. We will note that this feature is only available for Ionic/Bootstrap apps.

Return to “Issues”