Vinny B

App not updating ios

I just updated my app version to the latest libriaries and exported it to Xcode. I then submitted the update to apple. It was approved and when my phone updated the app from iTunes the app does not change . It look and works just a poorly as it did before the update. Please help

Serhii Kulibaba

App not updating ios

Hello,

Could you clarify have you changed anything on the Source tab?

If you did, these custom changes might cause the build to fail. Try to rollback the custom source changes and try to build the app again. Here is how to rollback custom source change: https://docs.appery.io/docs/appbuilde...

When you make changes in the Source view for a particular page, the visual editor for that page will not be updated (until you rollback the changes).

Vinny B

App not updating ios

I didn't not change anything in the source code. The built works fine and when I install the apk on an android it works fine when I install the Xcode build using test flight it works fine.

When the app updates through apple apps store it does not work fine.

The issue is that the HTML pages do not update. Even when I install the HTML build on a mac using safari to view it I have to clear the browser history to see the changes.

This happens with both my apps.

Vinny B

App not updating ios

Just to show you Iam not crazy I attached some photos.

You will notice that the version that I always put in the bottom right hand corner of my apps is the same from Appery to Xcode to Apple Simulator but is not updated through the APP STORE. Its not just the version that does not change is the entire app.

This phone is of appery test function is show version 25.7 (BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER)

This photo shows the code in xcode that produces the version 25.7.

This photo shows the version submitted to test flight and app store;
This photo shows the app as it looks in the simulator iphone 7

This photo is a screen shot of my app after downloading the update from the app store.

This photo shows the update day a Feb 14 2017 and the version 25. This view is from the app store app on my iphone.

Vinny B

App not updating ios

Hello

I have done another test. I install the app from the APP Store.

I submit a new version to test flight.

I install new version from test flight. I get a message that says this will update my app already installed on device.

When i open the app the new version does not reflect any changes.

I have an iphone 7 with ios10. I use the latest version of XCODE to submit app.

You can download my app from the app store and I can share the testflight with you. If you want.

Code: Select all

If I am the only one have this issue can you please let me know? 

Thank You.

Vinny B

App not updating ios

Does not update Android either/\.

Illya Stepanov

App not updating ios

Hello - When you exporting your project into xCode environment from this point on all the app packaging is managed by xCode IDE -- and you should contact Apple support for clarifying why is your app does not updates through the binary app file submission.

Esteban9433707

App not updating ios

Hi there, is there a solution for this issue? Im having the same issue, but I notice that If I delete the app on the phone and reinstall I do see the changes.

Just to summarize here is my situation:

1. Deployed version 1.4.2 to app store.

2. Installed version 1.4.2 on phone.

3. Deployed version 1.5.0 to app store

4. Updated phone to version 1.5.0

5. PROBLEM: when I open the app I see the 1.4.2 screens, app store says I have version 1.5.0

6. deleted the app from phone.

7. downloaded the app from app store.

8. My app is now correctly showing screens for version 1.5.0.

I DONT WANT TO ASK MY USERS TO DELETE AND REINSTALL THE APP TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE.

If this helps somehow, version 1.5.0 was created by exporting and importing version 1.4.2 into a new Appery app.

Vinny B

App not updating ios

install app from App Store then push another update through. I did not receive any help from either company but it seemed to solve itself I think it’s how the apps cache

Esteban9433707

App not updating ios

Thanks Vinny, I did found that pushing an update from apperi does also resolve the problem, I wonder if the fact that I left the "auto update" feature selected in apperi causes this.

Return to “Issues”