Eric5020946

App Store rejection

My app was rejected and here is the reason.
I can see 2 problems they have:

1) app interface is missing native iOS buttons - I don't see any solution to this issue since using tiggzi we can only use jquery mobile provided elements

2) even using pages generated based on user's data like zip code or city via REST and json, apple still considers this as web browsing

====
"10.6
We found the following issues with the user interface of your app:

• Did not include iOS features. For example, it would be appropriate to use native iOS buttons and iOS features other than just web views, Push Notifications, or sharing."

thoughts?

maxkatz

App Store rejection

It's not exactly clear what they want.. but maybe this article from PhoneGap would help: http://www.tricedesigns.com/2012/10/0...

Eric5020946

App Store rejection

my biggest concern is "iOS native buttons", I though jquery mobile elements will do the job

do you have any tiggzi app accepted to the App Store?

maxkatz

App Store rejection

One option is to style buttons as iOS style..?

Agon Bina

App Store rejection

woah that's discouraging and scary, I dont know why apple is so much against web apps, it's obvious they are scared that their native apps will disappear sooner or later

Eric5020946

App Store rejection

Max, this is bigger issue than just styling button. I believe entire jquery mobile styling is considered by apple as web style and not native..

this is serious issue styling-wise because we have to use lots of apple like images in the project and hope for the best, not to mention that it will be pain to make iPad version of the app - lots of cutom JS to replace/rescale images

second issue, besides JQM styling is native functionality, apparently push notifications are not enough anymore so it looks like every native app created in Tiggiz MUST use geolocation and possibly contacts

SteveLacy

App Store rejection

I recently had my app rejected for the same reason (app interface is missing native iOS buttons). I have had other apps approved by Apple though. I guess it depends on the reviewer you get.

Eric5020946

App Store rejection

my app was approved after few modifications but I had to make my own theme that looks more apple-ish... and that's a lot of work, I can't imagine I have to do it for every app, there must be some builtin theme styled like apple env

BjornS

App Store rejection

Is it possible to use other frameworks like http://demos.kendoui.com/mobile/overv... with Tiggzi to get a bit more of that apple look?

maxkatz

App Store rejection

Just jQuery Mobile for now.

Return to “Issues”