John6086644

Pinch in zoom and out within app browser

I am making an app(Android) in which when a user opens app a website gets open within the app but user is not able to zoom in on the website, How Do I do it? like how we do on our browser by pinch in zoom and out.

John6086644

nope! its not working. Website gets open without any problem but cannot pinch zoom in out. (I want it for android app)

Kateryna Grynko

Hi John,

Do you open in InAppBrowser or in iframe or in app window itself?
What is your device and OS version?

John6086644

I want it for android(4.2 & up) and windows phone. app is like this startpage --- load---navigate to line---url. URL gets open but when a website is loaded in desktop version user cannot pinch in zoom or out. If you know any other way to do it tell me please.

Kateryna Grynko

Hi John,

Please open a link in InAppBrowser. You should do this on Device Ready event (for start screen) or page Load event (for any other page).

http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.3...

John6086644

no not working. I did this - Startscreen- device ready- navigate to link- url. this didnt work. but when i checked the box of open in new window I was able to do pinch in zoom and out but this method has a top address bar with a done button and when pressed everything went white screen. How to do it pinch in zoom and out ? in the app it self without the address bar and done botton? :(

Yurii Orishchuk

Hi Jogn,

I guess Katya suggested you to use JS code in this event:

pre

window.open('URL_TO_PDF', '_blank', 'EnableViewPortScale=yes')

/pre

Did you try it?

Regards.

John6086644

oh yeah thanks, the pinch in zoom in and out in inappbrowser is working fine Kateryna, but how can i hide the url bar? I mean i want to keep the back and forward button and as well as the close button but not the url. Url should be hidden or the whole url should be replaced by something else like placeholder ( "app name")

Return to “Issues”