Wai Pak

Web app does not work on iphone 5S and above

my web app does not work on iphone 5 and iphone 6 but seems to work on iphone 4s. Is there any known issue on iphone 5. My app is here usomc.org/mobileguide. Click on "Find Events Information". Enter "ethan pak" for the name and click "Search" nothing will come back. However, it works on chrome on the same iphone. Any suggestion?

Maryna Brodina

Hello!

Nothing that we are aware of... But we reproduced the issue on iPhone 6, we'll check in further.

Wai Pak

any update? I have an event coming up in 5 days and this app will be used. It will suck to tell iphone customers to use chrome(which works)

Maryna Brodina

Hello!

I am sorry, not yet... We are still working on it.

Maryna Brodina

Hi,

Please share your app with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a and let us know it's name.

Maryna Brodina

Hi again :) It worked for me this time. I was entering incorrect search request - "ethan park" instead "ethan pak". Is it still reproducible for you?

Wai Pak

OK! and it is still not working for me and for another customer that reporting the issue. What version is your IOS and whether there is any specific setting, cookies and stuff like that?

Maryna Brodina

Hello!

Nothing like that... It's iPnone 6 (iOS 8..1.3). Also tried on iPhone 5 (iOS 8.1.2) - same result, worked for me.

Wai Pak

OK! I find the problem but I do not have the solution. It is the use of setLocalStorage and GetLocalStorage. On that particular phone(and other customers' phone reporting the problem) both calls fail. They either fail to store or fail to retrieve. I use set and GetLocalStorage in many ways. Since on the same phone chrome will work, my guess it is the browser. and since the same app actually works on other iphone, I believe that it could be browser setting. Is there anything that the setLocalStorage and GetLocalStorage relying on?

Illya Stepanov

Hi Wai -

Can you show the exact code that's doesn't works for you?

Return to “Issues”