ssquire

Error: Unfortunately package installer stopped

When I attempt to install my .apk file on my Samsung Note 4 I get the error message "Unfortunately package installer stopped". I've studied solutions offered on the Forum and created a backup of my app then restored it, however, that did not work. Any other suggestions?

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Steven,

Could you please clarified have you changed any Android permissions? If you have, please try installing with the default ones. Also the case could be in installed custom Cordova plugins, if you have them.

ssquire

I've switched the permissions back to the defaults and that didn't work. I have an app that I wrote that uses Cordova Geolocation that I imported into the app as an API. The app also uses the Google Maps tutorial.

I also tried selecting all permissions and that didn't work.

ssquire

Evgene,

Thanks! I got it working. It was the logo at the top of some of my pages. It was too large ( 2000x1000).

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Hello Steven,

Thank you for this update!

ssquire

Galyna,

I am now getting an "App not installed" error when I build and install the Geolocation app that is an import (as an API) of the app I was getting the "package installer stopped" error on. The only thing is it doesn't have any large images. I'm also using default permissions.

Does anything come to mind as to what may be the issue? I've got 8 Gig of storage space left on my Samsung Note 4.

Serhii Kulibaba

Could you clarify have you changed anything on the Source tab?

If you did, these custom changes might cause the build to fail. Try to rollback the custom source changes and try to build the app again. Here is how to rollback custom source change: https://docs.appery.io/docs/appbuilde...

When you make changes in the Source view for a particular page, the visual editor for that page will not be updated (until you rollback the changes).

ssquire

I've changed nothing on the Source Tab.

ssquire

It appears Backup and Restore fixed the issue.

Thanks!

ssquire

I'm sorry - false alarm. I did not have the "Release" option selected. With the "Release" option selected the .apk still won't install.

Return to “Issues”