avoytilla

Issues Signing .APK

Has anyone experienced issues(or having a hard time) in signing the completed .apk that is downloadable in the projects menu?

maxkatz

Issues Signing .APK

How exactly do you sign the .apk file?

avoytilla

Issues Signing .APK

it has a debug certification attached to it when you download it. - im having trouble decompiling it, signing it with a private key, then recompiling it.
I've been using a few scripts to assist with the signing process but keep getting the error below:

Market requires the minSdkVersion to be set to a positive 32-bit integer in AndroidManifest.xml

avoytilla

Issues Signing .APK

Essentially I want to upload this to the Android Market

maxkatz

Issues Signing .APK

We are working on a solution, we will help you. I'll update here as soon as I have more information.

avoytilla

Issues Signing .APK

Oh no problem! I'm actually trying to use phonegap now and build it that way. Might be a workaround?

maxkatz

Issues Signing .APK

It might be. In fact, Tiggr uses PhoneGap too to give you a native app so we will make it super easy to do everything from Tiggr.

avoytilla

Issues Signing .APK

I saw that - sounds good! thanks for the heads up!

maxkatz

Issues Signing .APK

We have plans to make this whole process much much simpler, you will be able to do almost everything (if not everything) from within Tiggr. For now, a number of manual steps are required. Option 1, we can send you the sources (as Maven project). Option 2, we can package the file for you. With this option we'll need an icon, application name, domain name. More info from Android market below (source: http://goo.gl/bfTTh).

[quote:]
Your application must define both an android:versionCode and an android:versionName attribute in the element of its manifest file. The server uses the android:versionCode as the basis for identifying the application internally and handling updates, and it displays the android:versionName to users as the application's version. Your application must define both an android:icon and an android:label attribute in the element of its manifest file.
[/quote]

avoytilla

Issues Signing .APK

If I could have the sources sent to me that would be great! - I can import it into Eclipse and package it that way.

Having Tiggr do everything for you will be a very great improvement -- very excited to see this development in the future!

e-mail: avoytilla at gmail dot com

Return to “Issues”