Dupdroid

Newly created row causing REST List Service to fail. (Master/Detail type relation.)

I'm using two rest (create) services to save a "Client" object to the database. On the success of the first service (Detail) I use the response _id then invoking the second service (Master) I use the _id for a Pointer column within the second Collection/Service. This all works fine up to this point. (I can see the new rows in the two Collections in the database.) I then navigate to another page to list all my "Clients" but this service fails for no apparent reason. I have found that if I go into the database and change any of the existing values in the new row created by the second service (Master), then only the list service completes successfully listing all my "Clients" including the newly created one.

Any ideas?

Kateryna Grynko

Newly created row causing REST List Service to fail. (Master/Detail type relation.)

Hi Christo,

We'll test this. Try re-creating the service for the updated database.

Dupdroid

Do you mean I should delete the service out of my App and then re-create it?

Dupdroid

Even though I just updated the row values of the database not the structure?

Is it perhaps possible to create another list service without having to delete the current one. The thing is that the current one is nicely integrated and if I can avoid to remove it and having to re-bind everything it would be nice. But else I guess I'll have to.

Kateryna Grynko

We'll search for a solution. Could you share your app with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a?

Dupdroid

Thank you Katya.

I have shared it for you.

Dupdroid

Hi Katya, have you had a chance to look at the issue?
Regards

Maryna Brodina

Hello! Sorry for late reply. We can't reproduce the error. Please try to delete records in both tables (client and person tables) and add records again (you can also make project backup before deleting records from tables just in case). Try to reproduce the problem. If it still exists - email your DB dump to a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a (on backend service in Settings tab there is Export to CSV option). Perhaps there are some errors or incorrect data in that tables.

Return to “Issues”