Joe Sharples

bitcode error xcode

After updating to ios9 and Xcode 7 I received a new error and found the solution here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30...

when I export to binary will this issue take care of itself? or will i need to change something within the builder?

Illya Stepanov

bitcode error xcode

Hi Joe -

Sorry, I'm not quite getting your question. When you exporting your project and compile it using xCode, no other additional actions needed after this. Your build will be ready for testing or publishing.

Joe Sharples

bitcode error xcode

Hi Illya,

To test the app on device I have been exporting it as an xcodeproject, when i do this i have to make changes within xcode or else the build fails. (Say NO to Enable Bitcode in your target Build Settings - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30... )
I have to make this change every time i export the app to xcodes.

I am wanting to export the app to binary using the appery platform:

When i exporting to binary using appery platform, will i need to make changes (NO to Enable Bitcode) within the appery builder before i export?

Thank you

Illya Stepanov

bitcode error xcode

Joe -

We don't support iOS 9 and xCode 7 at this moment - yes, for now you will need to make such adjustments in your xCode project settings.

Ellen Schlechter

bitcode error xcode

When do you think you will support iOS 9 and xCode 7?

Evgene Karachevtsev

bitcode error xcode

Hello Ellen,

We hope they will be supported in the next release.

Thomas7775172

bitcode error xcode

Hi Evgene,

Do you have an idea or approximation on when the next release will be? I cannot test my app on my iOS device due to it being 9.01.

Evgene Karachevtsev

bitcode error xcode

Hello Thomas,

I suppose it will be in a month or so.

Thomas7775172

bitcode error xcode

So is there a way around this? I cannot test my app on my iPhone anymore because of this update. Shouldn't there be a workaround? It's kind of odd for an app developing company to sway behind releases of the iPhone software...

SteveLacy

bitcode error xcode

I am experiencing the same issue. Although disabling the bitcode in Xcode seemed to fix the problem.

Return to “Issues”