Vinny B

App Slow IOS 10. when using javascript code / child browser.

App name FDNY Firehouses and EMS Stations. The app runs excellent on apple except when I go to call an outside function. For example:

1) When the App Ask for permission to send you Push Notification it take 3-4 minuets for it to ask OR it will ask when you exit the app.

2)Admob ads will not show until the app has been installed for 20 minuets or more. But then they show up and work.

3) THIS is the MOST IMPORTANT when calling a link the app can take 3-4 minuets before it will open a window and go to the link. Unless You exit the app using the home button the link will then open immediately.

Here is my code you can download the app its free and try it.

//Example of button that open map navigation
var tweetUrl = "http://maps.apple.com/?daddr=";
window.open(tweetUrl + rCom, '_blank', 'location=no');

//Example of a button on home page that open a website URL
var link = localStorage.getItem('company');
window.open(link, '_blank', 'location=yes');

Here is my problem. When I call window.open it takes the app 3-4 minuets to open the window. OR it will open immediately if I exit the app.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Vinny,

Thank you for posting this. We're still working on full support of iOS 10, we'll forward your information to our development team and then will get back to you with the update.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Vinny,

Could you please share your app with support, tell us its name and specify the exact steps to reproduce the issues?

Vinny B

I shared the app with support. App name is FDNY Firehouses and EMS Stations.

It currently in review with an update that should be approved by apple with 48 hours. Had same issue with test flight.

Steps to reproduce problem.

1) install app on device. You will notice that it wont ask to allow push notifications for several minuets or it wont even ask. Then close the app by hitting the home button on your device and you will see that it asks.

2) install app on device. Once updated and complete you will see 2 lists on the bottom of the home page. One list has buttons that say Navigate and the other has a list that says READ MORE..
Click the navigate button to see it open a navigation program. You will see a long delay unless you hit the app home button then the navigation app will open.

Code: Select all

Click the read more button and you will see a long delay before the story is opened in another window or hit the device home button and it will appear immediately.
Vinny B

The latest version of the app had been approved by apple and is available for download from the App Store. Just letting you know.

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Hello Vinny,

Thank you for this update!

Evgene Karachevtsev

Vinny,

We reported it as a bug and will get back to you when get more information from our development team.

Vinny B

Any update or work around my app has over 400 navigation to buttons and it's a big part of the app. I am unable to test on older devices.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Dear Vinny,

Unfortunately not yet, our development team is still investigating this issue.

Vinny B

Any news on this. I am getting allot of complaints?

I don't understand why more of your users are not bringing this up as a problem?

Im getting a few complaints a day and almost as many uninstalls as new install everyday.

Return to “Issues”