Illya Stepanov

Referring to local html page with HTML control

Could be in iframe.
Why do you need to store all html in the source tab, use at least as hardcoded on the page.
You are making it very odd and wrong.

Aeneas McBurney

I want to know how to use a relative reference to an html page that's in the file system so I can open and change and then save back to the file system.

Illya Stepanov

If you are speaking about device File system, then you need to look up documentation about File, FileReader/Writer, plugins. (https://github.com/apache/cordova-plu...)
If you are speaking about app file system, then it is impossible to read file and then save it inside app, unless you have written your own plugin.

What is your goal?
Can you describe your requirements?
It's looks like there are other way.

Aeneas McBurney

Hi,

I have an html invoice template file with a .css and font file in a directory in app (files/invoices/...). I want to be able to fill the html files with values from an invoicing page in the app then save this html file as the invoice. I then want to send this populated html file to a service to return a PDF file which I will attach to an email to send from app.

Thanks,
Aeneas

Alena Prykhodko

Aeneas,

Unfortunately we do not have ready solution and basically this is something outside the scope of standard Appery.io platform support. You can search online for appropriate implementation.
Also you may consider purchasing Advisory Pack to get more in-depth help on this question. Here is more information about [Advisory Pack] (http://appery.io/services/#Advisory_Pack).

Aeneas McBurney

Sorry I can't afford $600 as its not a commercial app and only doing it to learn app development.

Return to “Issues”