Mike6979865

Location services not working on Android.

Hi,
I have a button to get my location and uses reverse geo as well. It works perfectly fine on the Iphone and on your tester. However, I installed the app on my Android phone, and the loading indicator keeps on spinning. Is there a specific Android permission that I need to enable? I have ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION ,
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION, ACCESS_LOCATION_EXTRA_COMMANDS checked

Alena Prykhodko

Mike hi,

Please check whether your device allows to get your location.
What Android version do you use?

Mike6979865

Hi Alena,

I'm using Android version 4.3

Mike6979865

I'm still having trouble. I'm having trouble on the Android Emulator as well. I don't know why the location services are not working properly. When I go to the hosted url example.example.appery.io and click on "show my location," it works.... I don't know why when the app is getting installed it's not working...

Mike6979865

Could it be the Min. SDK version and Target SDK? They are currently both setup at 2.2. My app not functioning properly on Android phones.. Should I change these settings?

Yurii Orishchuk

HI Mike,

Please give us your location service mapping "request" tab screen shot.

Also please try this mapping: http://prntscr.com/4leadp/direct

Regards.

Mike6979865

The Min SDK version and Target SDK is set at 2.2. I'm having multiple issues with my app on Android. It's not just the location services. I'm unable to log in.

1. My first question, what Min SDK version and Target SDK should I select?

2. I'm using navigator.notification.alert for notifications, it works perfectly on Iphone. Is this code code compatible with Android devices?

I have a feeling it has to do with Min SDK and Target SDK. Please assist. I'm hoping to submit to Play Store this week.

Mike6979865

Please note that I set the Min SDK and Target SDK to 4.0.3-4.0.4
Location services when I click on Show My Locations Keeps spinning, I'm able to login now.

The javascript in longilat is: return localStorage.getItem("latitude") + ',' + localStorage.getItem("longitude");

Mike6979865

I tested on an actual device, and everything works well, except when I click on Show My Location. The indicator keeps on spinning. Please note that timeout is set at 540000. I hope you'll be able to figure out what the problem is.

Mike6979865

Problem Resolved! :) I made some changes, and had revese geo read from the local storage variable instead of a field.. :) Everything is good now.

Return to “Issues”