Evgene Karachevtsev

How to create a "favorites" page?

Hello Godwin,

Could you please clarify, do you have some difficulties with the suggestions in this thread?

Godwin Pinto

I am not a coder and don't understand working with codes. On the events for the favourite button, I have selected the event as click and the action as 'Set Storage Variable'.

I am going in the right direction?

Yurii Orishchuk

Hi Godwin,

Yes you should store what you want as favorite on button "click" event handler.

Regards.

Xavier U

Would anyone be able to lead me through a step-by-step process? I'm extremely confused.

This picture is the screen I have a collapsible set of prayers on. I would like for users to be able to "Favorite" specific prayers. As it currently appears, I have "favorites" as a button within the prayer-- Ideally, I would like for them to be able click the "favorite" button and have it save the prayer to a "favorites" page. Image

Yurii Orishchuk

HI Xavier,

Here is a plan to implement:

1. User click on item:

1.1. Code get item ID.

1.2. Add(create service) this item to "favorites" DB collection. (_id, user(pointer to user), prayer(pointer to prayer).

2. User navigate to favorites page:

2.1. Get(list service) all items from "favorites" DB collection with filter by current user.

2.2. Populate with response list of prayers.

Regards.

Xavier U

Can you send me step by step instructions with screen shots for each step? I do not know how to do anything in Appery

Maryna Brodina

Hello!

Please visit our docs site, there you can find a lot of docs, tutorials with screenshots and get an idea on how to work with Appery.io http://docs.appery.io/

Return to “Issues”