Paul Medawar

Youtube Image Blurry

Hi,

when i'm mapping a youtubeID from the database to the youtube ui component (Video ID) the holding image is blurry in both the mobile preview as well as on the device. This is consistent for different videos.

Am i missing something?

maxkatz

Youtube Image Blurry

YouTube automatically determines the quality of the video based on internet connection. Usually it will start streaming at higher quality after a little bit of time. The video is loaded directly from YouTube (nothing to do with Appery.io).

Paul Medawar

Youtube Image Blurry

Hi Max,

There isn't a problem with the streaming, just with the preview image. The reason I am asking is that it only happens when I have mapped the videoID from a database on page load and page show. If I directly put in the videoID the preview image is perfectly fine.

maxkatz

Youtube Image Blurry

That's interesting. If the video is not private, can you post a screen shot of the preview image? You can also double check the code generate to make sure it's the same.

Paul Medawar

Youtube Image Blurry

I'm attaching two screenshots

Screen 1

Top Image Blurry - Page Load, Invoke service with simple mapping of the videoID.
Bottom Image Clean - The same videoID but put directly in to the Appery Builder.

Screen 2

Top Image Clean - VideoID put directly in to Appery Builder
Bottom Image Blurry - Page Load, set videoID property from Local Storage.

Image Image

maxkatz

Youtube Image Blurry

I don't know the reason why it might be happening. There is something that YouTube sees/knows and loads a lower resolution image. Try 'page show' event instead of 'page load'.

Paul Medawar

Youtube Image Blurry

I've tried both Page Show and Page Load, from a storage variable and database mapping.

I'm attaching the console log.

Have you been able to replicate my issue? Image

Paul Medawar

Youtube Image Blurry

It looks like it must be the first error

"failed to execute 'post message' on 'DOM window'..."

as the second error is also happening for the clear image.

maxkatz

Youtube Image Blurry

This might be a possible solution: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27...

Paul Medawar

Youtube Image Blurry

Thanks max, will look to work with that. Will you be fixing the issue your end at some point?

Return to “Issues”