KorryRogers

Link Database After Restoring App With New Name & New Database

I've got a free ad supported version of my app (Skordle). I also want to have a "Pro" version of this app with no ads. Everything works great in the free app. I backed it up, then created a new app from that backup as: Skordle Pro. I then created a new database and turned on notifications for the pro app and linked it to the pro database. I can't seem to get notifications working in this app though.

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Change the appid in: svcRegisterDevice, svcUnregisterDevice, svcUpdateDevice, svcSendPush, svcGetDeviceInfo

2. Updated databaseID in Skordle_settings

3. Changed the Skordle_settings service name to Skordle_Pro_Settings (i thought maybe the app was looking for this service with it's correct name)

4. Changed the Skordle_login_service name to Skordle_Pro_login_serivce

I can test all these services and they pass the tests and create users/devices in the correct database, but for some reason, I can't get an actual device to register in the Pro database. The devices are still registering in the regular database. This breaks notifications for iOS since the APS cert is issued to the Pro app.

Any ideas? How can I get devices that install the new pro app to register in the correct database?

Thanks.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Korry,

1) You shouldn't rename the services. The name of the service is never checked.
2) In all services from p.1 you should change the header X-Appery-App-Id. It is better to bear it in the service settings - so you will need to make changes only in one place.
3) Please check, whether you have linked the application to the desired database http://devcenter.appery.io/documentat...

If you have done all of this and it still does not work, please share your app and db with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a, tell us their names, we will check

KorryRogers

I've checked all those settings, and they all appear to be correct, but a new install still links to the original app & database. I've shared the app and database with you. The name of both is Skordle Pro. Thanks.

KorryRogers

Has anyone had a chance to look yet?

Kateryna Grynko

Hi Korry,

Please change parameters X-Appery-App-Id etc in a new app restored from backup.
This is not a bug and these parameters are supposed to be presented after restoring app.

KorryRogers

Where do I change that exactly? I've changed it every place I've found so far. Is there somewhere specifically I might be missing?

Kateryna Grynko

Hi Korry,

In request parameters of services svcRegisterDevice, svcUnregisterDevice, svcUpdateDevice, svcSendPush, svcGetDeviceInfo.

KorryRogers

I made hose changes already and it still registers with the other app. I shared the app, can you take a look?

KorryRogers

Can anyone help Please. I need to figure this out.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Korry,

We are working on it and will get back to you with the update.

Return to “Issues”