Misfer

Cordova Geolocation Plugin running in background. How to disable?

Problem solved

Thanks for your help

Ben Walker

I'm still struggling with this. The first geolocation service is invoked on Device Ready event as specified.

Yet still I get the "allow app to use your location even when you are not using the app" request at the start.

I don't need background location, nor do I want it, and the binary was rejected by the app store for this reason.

Please advise.
Ben

Illya Stepanov

Hi Ben, if you don't want to use geolocation simply disable it in App Settings Cordova plugins

Ben Walker

I do want to use geolocation - but not when the app is in the background.

Illya Stepanov

This is a mandatory requirement to include such message for all iOS apps by Apple. By default Cordova Geolocation plugin won't run in iOS system background if your app is removed from foreground.
You can change the content of this message to what you need to in App Settings iOS keys in "NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription".

Ben Walker

The message content per NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription is: "Your location information will be used by this app. Choose "Allow" so the app can provide location services."

But this isn't the message that's shown when I actually install the app on a phone..?

Illya Stepanov

Could you please share your Appery.io project with support and specify the following details:

1. App name
  2. Specify the test credentials if login functionality is implemented in your app
  3. Detailed steps to reproduce the issue on the device
Ben Walker

1. parkingClub

1. Any values will allow login (there is no password)

2. First-time installation will prompt the request to allow geolocation - you can see the message is not as it should be.

Thanks for the help

Illya Stepanov

Hi Ben -

We have checked your app and find out that your project has an old Libraries version 2.3 but actually the iOS keys configuration is working for us, please see screenshot with "1ONLY" part that was edited:

We recommend to upgrade your project Libraries version to 4.0 and enable in App Settings Cordova plugins Geolocation Plugin 2.4.0 and add Option value as described here please check the section about Geolocation in below: https://docs.appery.io/docs/appexport...

Return to “Issues”