Vinny B

Push Notification Not STOPPED working on Android

I updated my App to the Google Play Store.
I Upgraded to Firebase Cloud Messaging
PushPlugin 2.1.2

Code: Select all

Push Notification are not working on devices that were working before the upgrade. Once they upgrade there App they lose push notifications. The only way to get them working is to uninstall the app and re-install it. 

Work Flow:

1) User has previous version of APP on there android device (push notifications are working)

2) User upgrades APP through Google Play Store (app also updates with AUTO UPDATE feature from Appery)

Code: Select all

PUSH NOTIFICATIONS STOP WORKING 

Solutions: (which is unacceptable)

1) Unistall APP on device

2) Re-install APP

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello Vinny,

Could you please clarify, if the list of plugins was changed? Did you update the version of libraries?

Vinny B

Yes I upgraded Library version and I changed the push notification to the latest ones.

Every plugin is the latest.

I have no custom source code.

Vinny B

I believe I am having the same issue with Iphone . I have 1170 IOS and Android users added to the device table since I updated the APP.

When I send a notification only 17 people are getting them. I believe those are new installs.

Vinny B

Any IDEAS the entire point of the APP is not working.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Dear Vinny,

We have one bug related to the latest push plugin, it should be fixed the nearest time. Most likely your issue is related to it, but to be sure could you please share your app with support and tell us its name?

Vinny B

Hello App is shared

fdny firehouses & ems stations

Serhii Kulibaba

Vinny,

If you've upgraded the libraries version - the application can't be updated with auto-update feature, you have to build a new .apk file for that and upload it to the Google Play.

Auto update is used only for minor changes, which are not related to app's code (JS functions, UI changes, etc.)

Vinny B

Thanks for stating that but if u read the first line of my problem you will see that it says clearly “I updated my app to the google play store” .

Illya Stepanov

Hello Vinny -

We have looked into this case and there is one note that we wanted you to point out -- when the user upgrades the app from the store with an updated version which has newer Libraries version and the new push notification the app must be running at least once -- otherwise the user won't receive any push notifications.

Return to “Issues”