SteveLacy

Converted app to new platform, now can't publish to Google Play due to different certificate

I released an app to the Google Play store that was built on the Flash based Tiggzi platform. I've since had you convert my app to the new platform where I've made updates.

I've exported the .apk file and went to update the deployed Android app. When uploading my new .apk file, I get "You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APK".

Can I sign this new app with the same certificate as the previous version built in the Flash Tiggzi platform?

How do I fix this problem?

Eric5020946

Converted app to new platform, now can't publish to Google Play due to different certificate

same question for iOS, can you take care of transfering all certificates?

SteveLacy

Your iOS certificates are managed outside of Tiggzi. I would think that you would just update your iOS certificate and provisioning info in the new version. Although with Android, the certificate is auto-generated.

maxkatz

Extract certificate from the old app. Then use the certificate for the new app using old password and the same package name.

SteveLacy

I can't find how to extract the certificate from the app. Could you provide some instructions/hints?

Maryna Brodina

Open old project, go to Project settings (for Android), copy Package name, Key alias, Key password, Keystore password and paste into settings for new project (uncheck Autogenerate in new project)

SteveLacy

I can't find out how to extract the certificate from a project. I found a post on how to extract using the Flash based version, but I can't see how to extract or find the certificate using the latest Apery.io system.

How do extract a certficate for the current project so I can use it on an existing app?

SteveLacy

The app is called Alive iOS html5. I've shared the app with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a.

thanks for your help.

Return to “Issues”