Alena Prykhodko

Is anyone able to use admob without Google Play Services?

Hello,

At this moment this feature is in active development, we'll post an update as soon as available. For now we do not have exact roll-out date.
Please stay tuned.

M&M

Thanks Max and Alena - that's great news. Looking forward to the wizard. But any information on whether it will make Google Play Services accessible in/from Appery?

maxkatz

The wizard will allow you to import a Cordova plugin. What Google Play Services do you need to add?

M&M

Thanks a lot for the work on the plugin import wizard. I think it will really help a lot of people and reduce development time. As for me I have kinda mastered how to add plugins the manual way, except for those with some other multiple dependencies, jars etc.

I am trying to create a battery conscious geo-location system and one of it's dependencies is the Google Play Services. I was looking at it's manifest file and I can see a line which declares this dependency. Now how do I do the same thing with Appery?

code
<meta-data android:name="com&#46;google&#46;android&#46;gms&#46;version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version"/>
/code

I have heard that the above method is deprecated or will be deprecated soon. The newer way is shown below

code
<framework src="com&#46;google&#46;android&#46;gms:play-services-plus:+" /> <framework src="com&#46;google&#46;android&#46;gms:play-services-identity:+" />>
/code

I need to be able to do the same thing in my appery app so that I can have my geo-location working efficiently - thanks

maxkatz

As this native Android functionality, you can only do it via a Cordova plugin.

Madi Anas

I am also trying to instal google-play-services by adding dependecny into pom.xml . I tried so many times already but I keep getting the same error.

I tried all of these:
code
<dependency>
<groupId>com&#46;google&#46;android&#46;gms</groupId>
<artifactId>google-play-services</artifactId>
<version>16&#46;0&#46;0</version>
<type>apklib</type>
</dependency>

<dependency>
<artifactId>google-play-services</artifactId>
<version>16&#46;0&#46;0</version>
<type>jar</type>
</dependency>

<dependency>
<artifactId>play-services</artifactId>
<version>4&#46;4&#46;52</version>
<type>aar</type>
</dependency>
/code

I also tried uploading google-play-services.jar and .pom
Same error
Please help by providing an example.
If you going to ask if I tried "this" or "that", answer is probably Yes :)

Madi Anas

Max can you please help with adding google-play-services.jar maven dependency. I managed to add android support libraries but play services is a pain

Rachel Dandrea

This has been attempted so many times and nobody is able to get the googly play service added to appery. You can try to use the codova plugin. Unless something changed within the last update.

Madi Anas

I see, how do I use cordova plugin? which one?

Vinny B

As seen in the other post there adding a wizard within a month or two. There are a lot of plugins but this one seems the best https://github.com/floatinghotpot/cor... . If you export the app to eclipse you can add admob to it.

Return to “Issues”