Vinny B

push notification help

I am using push plugin 2.1.2. I cannot get it to work with apple.

I can get the device to register with Appery.

BUT WHEN I SEND A PUSH NOTIFICATION NOTHING HAPPENS.

DO I need to add anything to the OPTIONS button in the push plugin ? LIKE SENDERS_ID or something?

Illya Stepanov

push notification help

If you using Firebase Cloud Messaging with your project you will need to specify the sender_id for Push plugin options.

Vinny B

push notification help

Ok thanks is it

sender_id

or

SENDER_ID

or Does it not matter?

Thank you

Bruce Stuart

push notification help

Vinny,

Since Sender_ID is specific to the Google Platform - I'm not sure that Firebase cloud messaging has anything to do with your problem with your Apple issue.....

If your issue is in fact Apple as stated above.... ... then you'll need an Apple push notification certificate and related ...once you get that - be sure to load the appropriate certificate /p12 file to your push notification settings in Appery.....

You can find instructions on how to do all of this - in the docs / getSatisfaction / Stackoverflow.

Bruce

Bruce Stuart

push notification help

oh - and be sure to get a production certificate.....

Vinny B

push notification help

Thanks Bruce. I tried. Several dozen times. I cannot get it to work on IOS.

The devices ask if they want to recieve push notifications.

The device is added to Appery database under devices.

BUT I get an error (see attached image)

If you think you can log into my pc and get it to work I will pay..

I have enjoyed using Appery a great deal but getting Push Notifications to work and the AUTO Update feature NOT WORKING has been causing nightmares.

Bruce Stuart

push notification help

Hi Vinny,

A couple of questions and a favor.

Favor first - please add your issue with AutoUpdate to the thread started today or yesterday - that 'reports' the AutoUpdate issue to Appery. If you can't find it - let me know. We need to let Appery know how critical this issue is.

Second - in terms of the credentials and the key store issue - Windows PC or Mac where you are installing the certificate for push notification ??

Third - depending on the answer to the second issue - email me at a href="mailto:Bruce.Stuart@the-software-studio.com" rel="nofollow"Bruce.Stuart@the-software-studio.com/a - and we can discuss next steps. I may be able to help without needing to access your PC.... which would be last resort....

Fourth - Please backup your project(s) both on-line and to your local or a network drive (** like one drive).....

Best,

Bruce

sebastian

push notification help

Hey Vinny and Bruce,

You're not the only one experiencing the same issues Vinny

I can't even create xcode project files or ipas either for one of my project nor the last couple of new ones I tried to make.

Vinny B

push notification help

Thanks for all your help you saved my hours worth of work.

sebastian

push notification help

Hey Vinny did you get your push notification for apple working?

Return to “Issues”