Yurii Orishchuk

Logout custom component does not work

Hi Xman,

It seems to be some bug, but i can not to reproduce it.

Would you be pleased to make some new app(if you can not share your one with us) and try to reproduce this problem in this new app. Then give us this app public link and describe how we can reproduce it.

Regards.

xman

Will do, trying to hit a deadline right now. Once done, I will return back and try reproducing the issue with an app which I can post public link to. My guess is it has to do with the way the name of the attached service is generated by Appery when custom component is placed on a new page.

Yurii Orishchuk

Hi xman,

Thanks for your update.

Please notify us when your public link for new app with issue will be ready.

Also please don't forget to describe steps to reproduce the problem.

Regards.

Asif Ansari

Hi, I am having this exact problem as well and am not sure how to solve it. I have a custom component with a navigation bar. All of the buttons that navigate to other pages work fine, but the button that does the logout service with the session attached from the storage variable isn't working. It does nothing.

Asif Ansari

Just an update, it looks like a custom component button click doesn't let you invoke a service. It lets me run a javascript command,navigate to other pages, and some other things, but the service never gets invoked. I tried setting an alert on the before send of the service, but it never hits it. Any thoughts?

Illya Stepanov

Hi Asif - Are you using breaking apart for your custom component? -- https://devcenter.appery.io/documenta...

This tutorials would also helps -- https://devcenter.appery.io/tutorials...

Asif Ansari

Ilya, no I am not using beeaking apart, because I feel that would defeat the purpose of using the component. Since I have 5 different tabs with the same navigation, I want to reuse it and only have to make the change in 1 place if needed. I think either this is a bug or not intended to be used like this. Let me try the tutorial and get back to you. Thanks!

Asif Ansari

OK so I tried the tutorial, and that works, but it really isn't the same thing. The service gets invoked fine at the page level for me too. The problem is invoking a service from within the component. It doesn't work unless I do it at the page level. Can you reproduce this?

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Asif,

Sorry, but we're not sure we understand you correctly, could you please clarify your issue with more details and screenshots?

Return to “Issues”