Andy Foard5435524

inconsistent app results on android devices.

Just to clarify the app has been tried on 4 sepeate makes and models of Andriod tablet - it works on 2 with version 4.4 and not on two with version 4.3

I am guessing this is not something you are wishing to help me solve so I will look to develop with other tools.

Serhii Kulibaba

Please share (https://docs.appery.io/docs/teams-sha...) your app with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a and provide us with the following information:

1) App name
2) Test credentials if login functionality is implemented in your app
3) Detailed steps to reproduce the issue

It works fine on my Sony Xperia c5302 (Android 4.3)

Andy Foard5435524

Hi Sergiy,

Many thanks for your reply. The App is called Vehicle Inspection. There are currently no login requirements. The App works fine except that on some Andriod devices it does not upload the photographs to the Vehicles database (on the appery platform). It does not produce an error on screen and the only debug error message I have been able to get is:

There are some test pictures from an Andiod tablet running 4.4 in the database.

If you open the app and choose any vehicle record, this will take you to the main audit screen. From there click on the Take Pictures button, top right of the screen. Press on the any of the images of the van and you will be prompted to take a photograph. Once accepted the image should be uploaded to the database called Vheicle, under the files option. As discussed above on any device I have tried the app on with 4.4 it uploads a picture and any device with 4.3 it doesn't.

Many thanks for taking the time to investigate this further. Image of the Take Picures screen shown below:

If you need any more information please contact me.

Thanks,

Andy

Serhii Kulibaba

How we can check did the app upload a photo or not? You app doesn't have input components as you showed on the screenshow above. Please create a simple app, with only one page with a button "camera", which runs a camera service and uploads a file to the database.
Also, please add event listeners to Success event of these services with a code below: prealert(JSON.stringify(data));/pre
and to the Error event with a code below:
prealert(jqXHR.responseText);/pre

Please test that app on your Andoid 4.3 device and send us screenshots with these alerts

Return to “Issues”