Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

push notification problem with iOS devices

Hello Vinny,

As there might be many factors why you are having this issue, we need more information.

First of all, have you tried the steps below to troubleshoot Push Notification problem https://docs.appery.io/docs/testandde... ?

Also, could you specify the following:
Push Notification messages are not being delivered to:

• iOS devices

• Android devices

• Both

Can you tell us how you send the Push Notification message:

• Via Push Notifications dashboard

• Via Server Code

• Via REST API

Are you sending a message to all the users or it's a targeted Push Notification message?

If you are sending the message via the Push Notifications dashboard, can you send a test message and then go to Scheduled and History tab. For the message you sent - do you see an error message? If yes, what is the error message? Do you see any other errors there?

When was the last time Push Notifications message were delivered?

Ankita Mehta

A lot of people seem to be facing this exact same issue with no clear guidance on what is causing it. I've gone through all the troubleshooting guides, and certificate creation guides etc but in vain.

It would be useful if an Appery rep can please explain how to debug this issue properly since there's still not a single answer on how to resolve this. To people who've faced this and resolved it I would really appreciate if you can let me know how you resolved it??

Illya Stepanov

Hi Ankita, you exporting your project into xCode and after that the app signing process is performed completely by xCode and the final binary is no longer tied to the Appery.io platform. Please use .ipa binary export within Appery.io platform and after that install it on your device and test push messaging.

Lydia

Hi Everyone
My problem is similar but with the following result:
Sometimes it sends me this error messages and some other times it works fine!!! and sends the message....what does this mean?????

Illya Stepanov

Hello - Please clarify, you also export your project to xCode and after that testing the push notification messaging functionality on your local device?

Lydia

No I just export the ipa and it works fine and sometimes it reaches the device and other not giving me this same message , I can not define when it does it and when not!!!

Return to “Issues”