Yong Zou

push notification problem with iOS devices

Dear Sir/Madame,
When I try to send push notification via "Send push notification" tab from appery.io to iOS device, it failed with error message registered in "Scheduled and history" tab. The error message reads:
Description: Unrecoverable error occurred while trying to communicate with Apple servers: null
Devices count: 50

Thanks,

YZ

Illya Stepanov

Hi Yong -

I've replied you by mail.

I've tested our Push notification service on iOS device and everything is working.

Hawk

Could you please inform us what was the problem? I'm getting the same error message

Alena Prykhodko

Hello Hawk,

Based on this error you are using certificate that has expired or it is applied for a wrong environment.

Hawk

Hi Alena,
1) could you please clarify what do you mean by wrong environment?
2) If you mean by certificate .p12 file, I used it to publish today without any problem with app store. So this rules out the expiry possibility. Am I correct?

Hawk

Hi Alena,

The deviceID and the token are generated correctly in Devices collection. However, when I try to send push notification, it is not sent. The status becomes 'Partially Sent' and delivered column shows 1 (the number of the devices in devices collection, although nothing delivered!!). When I hover over the 'partially sent' status, a pop up displays:

Description: Unrecoverable error occurred while trying to communicate with Apple servers: null
Devices count: 100

What does that mean?

I checked my provisioning profile, certificate, everything seems fine. I submit successfully to App Store without any problem. But when I test the App, I get that error when I send push

Thanks,

Yong Zou

Hawk,

In my case, I had to delete/revoke all my certificates, from Apple, regenerate them and redo the profile. After that things worked out fine.

YZ

Hawk

Thanks Yong,

I've tried that, I got the same result. Still getting the same error. I could not figure out what is the error cause.
I've enabled push notifications and generated .p12 and cert files more than 10 times in futile

It's frustrating that I cannot debug an error like this.

Please help!

Yong Zou

Hi Hawk,

You are not using the same .p12 for both app general setting and push notification setting, right? Also, did you notice if your devices registered OK and showed up in the devices list? Before I made my push notification work on the iOS, I notice that the devices were not registered appropriately in the device list (for example, no token id).

YZ

Krishna Kallam

Hi Hawk,

Were you able to debug this issue?? If yes, let me know what you did. We are facing the same issue and its really frustrating.

• Krishna

Return to “Issues”