SteveLacy

open link in phone's native browser vs. Tiggzi browser

I've tested it on an EVO 4G, a Samsung Galaxy I and a Samsung Galaxy II. All of them got the same result.

I've shared the project with a href="mailto:support@tiggzi.com" rel="nofollow"support@tiggzi.com/a.

Thanks!

SebastianSigges

How can I change that the App the link open in the native Browser??
Sebastian Sigges

maxkatz

It's always the native browser, whether it's a mobile web app or PhoneGap app. Uncheck 'Open in new window', it seems to open a standard new browser window. It might be how PhoneGap 1.5 works, it opens a child browser by default.

SteveLacy

Max - any other suggestions? The child browser that displays the link when clicked doesn't render the page properly. Do you have any suggestions?

Were you able to confirm my issue? (click the Now Broadcasting button, then one of the list items to see the page, you'll see a "this text will be replaced" where a Flash player should be displayed). In the phone's native browser, or Dolphin, or Firefox on the phone it displays fine (but not in the child browser).

Thanks!

maxkatz

When you open the link, uncheck 'Open in new window'. Let me know if that helps.

SteveLacy

Previously, the deployed app would open the first link in the child browser, then any subsequent links would open in the phone's native browser. Now that I've updated the app, all links open in the Tiggzi child browser (which doesn't support my HLS streaming format).

Is there any way to force the link to open in the phone's browser (vs. the child browser)?

Thanks!

maxkatz

To open in the phone browser, use Open Link action or you can set it up via JavaScript:

window.open(url);

There is no Tiggzi child browser. We include a ChildBrowser plug-in for PhoneGap.

SteveLacy

Now that my phone has updated to Android 4.1.1, links within Tiggzi apps do not open in my phone's native browser (Dolphin) but open in a browser that I have no control over (no way to enter another address, etc.). This browser that the app uses doesn't support html5 video tags properly whereas the browsers on my phone (default android, Dolphin and Chrome) all support and playback the html5 videos properly. Any ideas?

maxkatz

How do you open the link, can you show the code?

SteveLacy

Here's the javascript:

var notes_id = localStorage.getItem('notes_id');
window.open('http://myflock2.com/cgi-bin/streaming...' + '&notes_id=' + notes_id);

Return to “Issues”