jeff

Push notification, When?

Hello, I have read that Tiggzi is developing a push notification. When will this be available?

maxkatz

Push notification, When?

First release will be end of November.

jeff

Push notification, When?

How will your push notification work Will I be able to send messages to specific, groups, or just all devices? Will I be able to send adhoc message from my php server to devices. Will my app users be able to enter in keywords in the app for the type(filter) of notifications that they what to receive?

Kateryna Grynko

Push notification, When?

Hi Jeff,
Yes, you will be able to make filters in your app yourself.
We will provide you with detail description later.
We will publish a tutorial after new version of Tiggzi is released.

jeff

Push notification, When?

Any news on the release date yet?

Emmz

Push notification, When?

NICE!!!!!
Is this usable from other servers? Not Tiggzi.

jeff

Push notification, When?

Thanks for the tutorial.

FYI:
I tried this for Android only and it did work. I had to compile the debug for Andriod and export it to my phone's sd card. I then ran an installer to install.
1) I started the app. I then sent the message as outlined in the tutorial under "Assigning Push Notifications". The message popped up on the phone.

2) I ran other programs so that this ran in the background and sent a message and it still sounded and in the status bar was a notification message. Touched it and the message popped up.

3) I closed the push app and sent a message. Nothing happened. I launched the app and still did not get the message.

So the app has to be lunched but can run in the background

It did not work in the tiggzi tester mode.

jeff

Push notification, When?

Of course the next question is: How does the app filter the notifications set to the app? IE: I am an app user and I want notifications only for Nissan, Honda, and Ford and not for any other car manufactures. To take it a step further I only want certain models from car manufacturers: Nissan maxima, 370z, Honda civic, and Ford mustang, F150, focus

Thank again for the previous great tutorial.

maxkatz

Push notification, When?

Right now notifications are sent to all app users. The functionality that you describe -- we are planning to add it.

Return to “Issues”