Vince

Barcode Service Failed!

Illya,

Camera??? Please refer to my original post above. I removed the camera function from my app weeks ago after your support staff could not resolve similar problems with the camera. That is why the camera permission is unchecked.

The current issue is with the BARCODE function.

Illya Stepanov

Barcode Service Failed!

Barcode service can't work without Camera permissions enabled on a device. If you want to disable Camera service in your app, it is better to remove invocation of such service and not a device permissions.

Vince

Barcode Service Failed!

Illya,

While the camera function is clearly necessary to scan a barcode, I was unaware that the camera permission could disable the camera for use in barcode scanning.

Thank you for the assistance. I will reset the permissions, test again and relay the results.

Illya Stepanov

Barcode Service Failed!

Ok, Vince. Let us know the result please.

Vince

Barcode Service Failed!

Illya,

After resetting the permissions, the barcode scan function is working again. Apparently I crippled the function myself while minimizing the required permissions.

I have spent many hours reading your documentation and do not recall reading that the permission settings could actually disable a function.

The failure with my app, with no obvious cause and effect, was a cause of great concern. I am relieved to find that the error was my own fault.

As always, your patience and assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Vince

Illya Stepanov

Barcode Service Failed!

Thanks, Vince! Any time.

I'll make a note for adding such a description to our docs, thanks!

Deon

Barcode Service Failed!

I have this problem too. The barcode scanner works fine in the Appery Tester but not as an installed APK. Have not tested with IOS, but definitly does not fire on Android device. Camera is enabled in permissions.

Serhii Kulibaba

Barcode Service Failed!

Hello Deon,

Could you clarify, what libraries version is selected in your project? Have you changed anything on the Source tab?

Please try to debug your app remotely using Weinre debugger (https://docs.appery.io/docs/weinre-de...).

Deon

Barcode Service Failed!

Hi
Libraries 4.1
Source Tab: I uploaded a jscript to the lib directory. However it was not working before that.
I do use Weinre all the time. No errors.

Its not firing the scanner or activating the camera. As I said, works fine in the tester.

Illya Stepanov

Barcode Service Failed!

On which Android device are you testing and what Android version is on the device?

Return to “Issues”